- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 6 tsps blueberry pie filling
- ½ cup honeyed pili nuts
- 9 T flour
- 6 T cold butter
- 3 T white sugar
1. Pre heat oven to 350F. Grease a large size muffin pan (6 muffins)
2. Sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, then the egg and 2 yolks.
4. Add the milk. The mixture will lump up a bit. Just continue.
5. Put the mixer in low speed, add in the flour gradually until everything is smooth and creamy.
6. Laddle the batter into the muffin pan.
7. Crumble topping: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter into the flour and sugar. The pili nuts will also be crushed in this stage into smaller pieces.
8. Put a tsp of blueberry pie filling on top of each muffin. I leave mine on top, but you can alternatively, swish the topping with a slender knife to create swirls in your muffins. Take a handful of crumble topping and cover the top with it.
9. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
10. When done, cool for 5 minutes before taking the muffins out of the pan to prevent them from falling apart.