What you need:
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (I used 2% milk and 1 tsp cane vinegar)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (50% fat-free), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk (2% milk) or less
1. Butter a round 9 inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl (except butter) and set aside.
3. Sift the 2 kinds of flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
4. Stir in the raisins.
5. Mix yogurt and oil and add to flour mixture. Add in too the buttermilk.Mix well together until you form a dough.
6. Flour your kneading surface. Knead your dough around 10 times.
7. Roll the dough into a rectangle.
8. Spread butter on the dough then sprinkle the filling.
9. Roll the dough and pinch the seam to seal the roll.
10. Cut into 8 portions and arrange in a circular pattern on your greased pan.
11. Bake for 14 minutes or until a bit golden brown.
1. Make sure cream cheese and butter are in room temperature.
2. Mix cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla .
3. Add milk a little at a time until you get the consistency that you want. I want mine more liguidy like a glaze, so I used-up all the 1/4 cup of milk. At times, I want the cream cheese topping more like a spread so, I just drizzle the milk until I get a spread-like texture.
Serve warm with a cup of coffeee!