- 7-9 pcs big cabbage leaves
- 1/2 kilo of ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 pc egg
- 1/2 cup raw rice (optional)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (400 gms)
- 1 can tomato sauce (240gms)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
How to do it:
1. Boil cabbage head until soft enough to peel. Separate around 7 to 9 pcs of leaves.
2. In a bowl, mix ground beef, onion, oregano and egg (and rice). Form into balls. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Wrap balls with cabbage leaves and secure with toothpicks.
4. Arrange cabbage rolls in a pan.
5. Pour crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce on top.
6. Add water and brown sugar.
7. Simmer for 50 minutes or until cooked.