What You Need:
- 1/2 kilo lean ground pork
- 1/2 kilo lean ground chicken
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- pepper to taste
- dumpling wrapper, round
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 big cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups water and 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 10 dumplings
- 2 tsps worcestershire sauce
- fish sauce to taste
1. Mince carrot, onion and garlic. Set aside.
2. Mix together chicken, pork, carrot, onion, garlic, egg and oyster sauce in a bowl. Season with pepper.
3. Brush dumpling wrapper with water. Drop approximately 1 tbsp of filling into the dumpling wrapper and fold edges upward to enclose the filling. Makes approximately 35 dumplings.
4. Oil the surface of a steamer. Arrange dumplings on the steamer and cook for 1 hour.
1. Saute onion until fragrant. Add garlic and saute for a few minutes.
2. Pour in the chicken broth or water.
3. Add the dumplings and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add worcestershire sauce (and the chicken cube, if using water). Simmer for additional 5 minutes.
5. Add fish sauce to taste. Enjoy!