What you need:
- ¾ kg beef short ribs
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tbsp chili paste (or 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup water +1 chicken bouillon
- Spring onions, to garnish
How to do it:
1. In slow cooker layer the onion, garlic and short ribs.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the honey, olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, chili paste and 1/2 cup water or chicken broth. Add to the short ribs.
3. Cook for 4 hours in low setting.
4. If using chicken bouillon, add the bouillon cube after 3 hours.
5. Garnish with some spring onions.