What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps cold water
- 6 small apples (use 12 apples for a thicker pie), cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 T cinnamon
How To Do It
Apple Pie Filling
1. Peel, core and slice the apples.
2. Throw in the sugars and the cinnamon. Mix well.
Pre-heat oven at 350 F.
1. Mix flour,butter vanilla and salt together. Cut in the flour into the butter using a pastry blender or 2-knives until coarse-meal textured is achieved.
2. Add the cold water while kneading the dough. Knead the dough until all comes together in a ball.
3. Refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes.
4. Knead the dough and cut into 2 parts. Using a roller, make 2 circles enough to cover your pie plate. Leave some 1/2 inch to be able to fold the crust and seal your pie.
5. Gently put the lower crust on the pie plate. Put in the apple-pie filling. Cover with the 2nd pie crust. Using the 1/2 inch allowance, press down the sides with a fork or fold them to seal.
6. Make 4 slits on the top crust to allow steam from pie to escape while baking.
7. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Cover the sides of the pie with foil paper (to avoid burning the sides) and bake again for another 45 minutes.