What You Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 cup butter, diced
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsps cold water
- 4 tsps raspberry or apricot jam
- 1 cup coconut, sweetened and moist
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to Make Them
Pre heat oven at 350F.
1. Mix all ingredients except the cold water. Cut the butter in to the flour using a pastry blender. Once you achieve pea-like granules, add the cold water a tablespoon at a time. Knead to form dough. Add more cold water as needed.
2. Freeze the dough for 15 minutes.
3. Cut the dough into 4 parts. Make a ball and flatten out on 4 tart shells. Make sure all areas are covered. I used medium sized tart pans. You may use one big tart pan for this recipe.
4.Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Prick the dough lightly with a fork.
6. Seal the crust by spreading some jam on it. I used raspberry jam on my tarts.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl . Spoon over on the tart shells.
Bake tarts at 350F for about 10 to 15 minutes or until filling is set. Cool tarts for about 30 minutes before consumption!